Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Looking forward to Spring!

It has been rather cold here in Northern California and in fact the forecast is for snow in the San Jose hills, yikes! Okay, I admit it, we Californians are wimps when it comes to temperatures below 50 degrees.  I am so looking forward to spring when bulbs start blooming and trees begin to show their delicate blossoms, a sure sign that the weather will also warm up! 

In the meantime, it's easy to create your own beaded blossoms to admire. I was gifted a kit in Tucson called Blossom Necklace by Val Hirata, a Swarovski Elements Ambassador from Hawaii. I am sharing a picture of my finished piece. The wired blossom is a great use of article 5621, the twist bead, pictured in Crystal Golden Shadow (outer layer) and Crystal Tabac (inner layer).

No comments:

Post a Comment